Fast and safe arrival is vital in ﬁre extinguishing and rescue operations: Paul Nutzfahrzeuge has developed an all-wheel steering system in order to increase agility, especially in conﬁned inner-city areas with dense trafﬁc. The rigid rear axle has been replaced by an electro-hydraulically steered axle with differential lock and drum brakes. This makes both front and all-wheel steering possible as well as diagonal steering and manual rear axle steering.
This chassis serves as reliable basis for ﬁre engine superstructures which earmark it for use as a ﬁre-engine type HLF 20. However, it can also be conﬁgured for use with a turntable ladder. Since an original front axle from Mercedes-Benz has been installed as a steered rear axle, service and maintenance work can be carried out in authorised Mercedes-Benz workshops anywhere in the world.
- Fire Brigade
- Mercedes-Benz 4×2/4×4
- Scania 4×2/4×4
- Installation of a steered rear axle
- Steering system: electronic-hydraulic with centering
- Types of steering: front-axle steering, all-wheel steering, diagonal steering and manual rear axle steering
- Axle ratio
- Hinterachslast je nach Bereifung 9-10,5t
- Chassis preparation for ﬁre engine superstructure
- Change of tire dimension
- Repositioning attachments